In 1992 the modern Perth Farmers’ Market was created and has run continuously ever since. The market has mostly been located in and around the Tay Basin in downtown Perth since its start. In 1994, the “Crystal Palace” was moved from Ottawa to its site on the basin and has added to the ambience of the market ever since. Many craft vendors sell inside the shelter of the building as well as it being an ideal location for special events of all kinds. The attractive and scenic location, free parking on Saturdays and “al fresco” eating tables combined with local music makes Saturday mornings at the market a winning combination.
Our market is open, rain or shine, every Saturday morning from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM starting on the weekend of Mother’s Day until the Thanksgiving Weekend. There are also special Christmas markets inside and outside the Crystal Palace and a Seed Sale the first Sunday in March!
What can you find?
These are just some of the products you can find on any given market day:
- local produce grown both organically and conventionally
- home baked pies, pastries and bread
- pickles, jams and preserves of all kinds
- flowers, herbs and plants (vegetable transplants available in the spring)
- garlic, honey and maple syrup
- meat and eggs
- weaving, juried crafts and jewellery
- hot, ready to eat food in a variety of styles and ethnicities
- Market Cafe with seating and shade
Every Saturday one lucky patron wins the contents of the market basket which is filled with samples contributed by the vendors that day.